Thursday, October 9, 2008

Another week gone

Not really all that sure where it went...but the week sure flew by! It was pretty much a normal week for us, although it did hold the 20th anniversary of my grandfather's death.

I was 11 when he died, so of course, my memories of him are from my childhood. One of my very favorites is how when he used to call our house on the phone, he would pretend that he could see us. He claimed to have a very fancy, futuristic phone that allowed him to see me while we talked. At the time, such a thing was unheard of. Today, it's probably not that far fetched. But to me at 9 or 10 years old, I was fascinated. Somehow he could always guess where I was standing and what I had on. I thought it was simply amazing that he could see me through the phone!

He also had a stuffed monkey that sat in a tiny little chair near his recliner. I'm not at all sure why, but as a kid, it seemed really cool! I wish that he could meet our little monkey...I think he'd like him.

















Papa was respected and loved by his entire community. We can hope that even though Jack won't ever know him, he'll be a lot like him.

We love you miss you so much Papa!






No comments: