Wednesday, November 10, 2010

2 months old


Wow, it's going by so fast!  Even faster this time than the first I think!  Max turned 2 months old yesterday and is getting so big and interactive.  He smiles more every day and can sit and watch a toy or swing for longer stretches now without being held.  No worries, he gets plenty of snuggles, but I can actually shower now...most days anyway!  He hasn't slept through the night again since that one time last week but he will make it almost 7 hours most nights.  During the day he still wants to eat often and I'm trying to stretch that out a little since I have to go back to work in 3 short weeks (eeek!)  and I'm pretty sure Miss Gay won't have time to feed him every 2 hours.  He loves to get out and about and see new things and we're loving our little life as the bumps are smoothing out and a routine is starting to fall nicely into place.  


I made it through my 2 weeks of dairy-free and now we get to add a little back to my diet and see how it affects him.  I will say it has been hard!  No milk, cheese, sour cream, yogurt, casein, whey...it's hard to avoid.  He seems happier without it, though the 3 days I had soy milk he seemed to react just like he did with milk, so I guess that needs to be eliminated too.  An egg salad sandwich also did him in, so maybe he doesn't like eggs either.  I am still hopeful it's all dose-dependent and I can have a little bit of anything, just not a lot.  Cross your fingers for us!  Nursing has been such a great experience for us this time around and I'm not ready to quit just yet.    

Jack is still very curious about Max and always worried about his whereabouts.  Max and I picked Jack up from school the other day and all of the Orange Birds came running to see Max.  Jack proclaimed "that's MY baby!" - just in case they were considering taking him home I guess.  He's a great big brother and seems to be settling into the new normal right alongside us...see...


:)  Things aren't always as crazy as this...but sometimes, sometimes they are!  Life is good!

No comments: