Monday, January 26, 2009

So it begins...

Today marks the first day of this next phase of life where Jack and I spend our days at home together! Here's our self-portrait from a few days ago...forgive my post-gym look!



It was so hard leaving work and saying goodbye to my family there. I had the pleasure of working with so many amazing people throughout my 8.5 years there and I really hope that I haven't seen the last of them. Surprisingly, it was almost as hard to leave Jack's Tuckaway family, even though we've only known them 7.5 short months.



I never thought I'd be a fan of daycare. And honestly, this one wasn't even my first choice of daycares. But I also never imagined that any daycare could be so full of love. His teachers were amazing and loved him to pieces. They taught him so many things that I'm not sure I would have ever thought to teach him. Kenny took Jack to school most mornings but on the occasion that I took him, I always worried that he'd fuss or not want me to leave but instead, his eyes always lit up when he saw Miss Gay and he willingly went into her arms. That alone was worth every penny we spent. I'll miss everyone there and I know that Jack will miss Miss Krystle and Miss Gay and all the other great teachers, but will also miss his friends. It was so fun to show up in the afternoons and sneak into the room and see him playing with his friends before he saw me. It was a wonderful experience for him all the way around and I am so thankful for that. I am excited to be home with him and look forward to all the fun we'll have but I know that when the time comes for him to go back to school I'll be thrilled to send him back to Tuckaway.

Miss Gay got Jack this balloon on his last day and he's had the best time with it...



I can only hope that the rest of our days at home will be as enjoyable as this one has been so far. Jack slept until 7, then we had breakfast together, played for a bit, did a little laundry and then I got to rock him to sleep. That beats stressful work meetings any day! Let's just hope I don't get too used to this...

No comments: