Thursday, May 29, 2008

Learning to fly

We did it! Jack seemed to do well on his first solo flight in the "baby bird" class and Momma only got teary a few times as people asked about him and his whereabouts. Daddy was kind enough to take him and do the first drop off so that I didn't have to which I really think was the key. I had scheduled meetings all day which helped to keep me very distracted and helped the day fly by. I was greeted with a very warm welcome back at work, which also really helped. I had missed a lot of folks more than I realized and it was really quite nice to dust the cobwebs off my brain. Daddy also let me do the pick up which I got to look forward to all day! Jack was sound asleep in the swing when I arrived and didn't at all seem to care that we weren't there. He did seem about an inch longer and a pound heavier than he did in the morning. :( He's just growing so fast. All in all, it went a lot better than I had expected!

Now I'm on to worrying about not getting enough time with him (yes, I can always find something to worry about!). If we get home at 5:30 and he's to bed at 8, that's just not much time. I have him in my arms now...he just ate and is fast asleep but I just want to hold him a little longer. Every minute seems so precious. I find myself wishing that he'd never outgrow his nighttime feeding just so I can have a few more minutes with him each day.

Thanks to everyone who called and sent emails wishing us luck - they all really helped and reminded me again, just how lucky we are to have you all in our lives. Thank you. Two more days until the weekend. I think we can, I think we can...

Here they are just before leaving...























And here's a funny picture of Jack earlier that morning. He was smiling and I tried to take a picture but the flash startled him...and this is what I got:













We are also very thankful that Page's Dad had a successful tumor removal surgery yesterday. We wish him a speedy recovery and safe travels home.

No comments: