Monday, May 26, 2008

Happy Memorial Day!

Hope that you all had a great one! We made it home from Hilton Head in great time today. Jack was up at 5 so we fed him and hit the road. We had a really good time! Saturday we spent the morning at the pool and then Momma went to the outlets to get some school clothes for Jack. Daddy cooked us a good steak that night and we ate on the deck...it was a nice day.

Here's Jack in his sun hat with a damp towel to keep his noggin cool. It was pretty hot. He snoozed for a long time while we read.
















Mr. Zebra kept Jack company while we ate...






















Sunday we headed back to the pool early. Jack didn't sleep very well the night before though and so he had a bit of a fussy morning.

I'm ready for the pool!

















Snoozy in the sun...

















Momma and Jack

















He can't get much sleepier without actually falling asleep. His little eyes were so red and he would NOT give up. Finally, after many laps around the backyard, he fell asleep in my arms and would only stay asleep if he slept in his carseat on the deck. After 3 tries in his bed, I gave in and I just read my book while he slept...for almost 4 hours!










Just a little thank you note to the Weavers...


















In case it's too hard to read...
















And here's what Jack thought about having to come home...:(.






















It was a great way to wrap up maternity leave. I can't believe it's time to go back to work (I still have ONE more day!). I am heartbroken over leaving my little guy but hope that time will heal this pain as it does all others. I'm gonna miss him SO much. Thankfully school (yes, I know it's really daycare but calling it school seems to help!) is very close to work so I can go have lunch with him from time to time.

We're sorry we had to miss the cookout here and the big wedding. Hope fun was had by all and we wish the new bride and groom a lifetime of love and happiness.

No comments: