Saturday, June 16, 2012

Muggles

Muggles = Momma snuggles.  

We have what some people would consider a long drawn out bedtime routine.  We have from the very beginning I guess. It takes anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour depending on what time we get started but I think it makes putting the kids to bed easy because they know exactly what's coming and once we've done all the things we always do, then it's time for bed and they both go right to sleep without a peep.  It's my favorite part of the day and I think Kenny would definitely agree.  The kids have baths, and then we all play for a bit upstairs, and then we say our goodnights and Max and I read 3 books and snuggle in his room while Daddy and Jack read 3 books and snuggle in Jack's room.  Then come the muggles...


I get the very last snuggles of the day.  The snuggles after Daddy has read books with Jack and gotten his snuggles.  They are the very best snuggles of all, at least in my opinion.  It's when Jack and I talk.  It's when he tells me what he's excited about.  It's when he asks me questions and tells me what he's scared of.  It's when he tells me who said what at school and how it made him feel.  It's when I tell him what he did that day that made me proud.  It's when we talk about what we'd like to do on the next stay at home days.  They don't last too long - maybe 10 minutes at best.  And after we talk, we just lay there for a while and snuggle.  And depending on the day, one or maybe even both of us will fall asleep.  I'm trying to soak up all the wonderfulness of muggles before he decides he's too cool for them.   I know that day will come sooner than I want it too...but for now...I'm just enjoying every last second of them.  

No comments: