Friday, August 9, 2013

Just a few more weeks...

This came in the mail yesterday.  Jack's been anxiously awaiting it.  It was fun to see him be so excited about it, but it made it all very real for me.  In just a few short weeks he's off to kindergarten.  I'm so very excited for him and am looking forward to watching him grow and learn in so many new ways.  There's still a teeny tiny piece of me that is apprehensive, just because no one there knows my sweet Jack Lion like his current school does, but I know it won't take long for that to change.  
I picked out a few backpacks for him to look at.  He'd asked me for weeks when he could get one.  So we sat down after vacation and looked at some on the computer.  He had real opinions about them, as though he knew what he was going to do with with it.  He wanted a cupholder (water bottle holder on the side), and he was sure he wanted baseballs on it.  I tried to remind him that baseball would end soon after school started and we didn't buy new backpacks every time the sports season changed, but he was insistent and Kenny reminded me that we wanted him to be excited about it on day one and we'd figure the rest out later.  
Three weeks to go!

No comments: