Monday, February 15, 2010

Silly Goose

Jack's really been making us laugh lately! Kenny and I usually give Jack a bath together at night and afterwards were getting him dressed in his pajamas one night last week. It's been really cold here, so we put socks on him at night too and Kenny pulled his socks all the way up this knees to make him look like a basketball player. The next night, Kenny had class, so I dressed Jack after his bath and put his socks on just like I normally do. Then I sat him on the floor to look at some books while I cleaned up the bathroom and stuff and when I came back, he had his socks pulled up to his knees just like Kenny had done the night before. And now, a week later, he wants them that way at all times!



Another night last week it was time for dinner and I put Jack's plate on the table. He wanted to eat in the living room though and threw a fit about getting in his chair. So I pushed his plate closer to the middle of the table, so he couldn't reach it, and then let him down from his chair. He wasn't going to eat if I forced him into his chair screaming so I thought I'd just let him go get it out of his system and when he calmed down we'd try again. Meanwhile, Kenny was opening the mail and we started talking about that. All of a sudden, it got quiet and I looked over to see Jack with his plate, marching into the living room, looking back, wondering when someone might notice. I have no idea how he reached the plate, but he did and was taking charge of the situation.

This past weekend he got to spend Saturday morning with Grams and Gramps! Gramps put on these silly glasses and Jack immediately started yelling ABBY!



For those that don't know Grams and Gramps, they have 2 schnauzers, Lacy and Abby, who have long beards and eyebrows. Lacy is salt and pepper in color and Abby is black...



You must admit the similarity is uncanny, right? I think it's pretty smart actually...

No comments: