Friday, January 8, 2010

22 Months

We're getting really close to the 2 year old mark. Yikes! How did that happen? Let's try and not think about it...



This month brought challenges, as they all do, but when things weren't challenging, they were a LOT of fun. He got pretty good at running which he seemed to really enjoy. While it was cold, we just bundled up most of the time and headed outside for some fresh air anyway. I'm not sure what happens when you can't do that...it seems a requirement for toddler boys at least. He doesn't seem to mind the cold as long as it isn't windy. Wind doesn't go over well at all, and I can't blame him. I hate wind.



He can put on his own hat and take off his jacket. And he thinks both are a lot of fun! Doing things for himself really pleases him. He loves being in charge. Some mornings he resists putting on the jacket I've chosen, I think just for the sake of being able to choose for himself! He'll go pick another and put that one on with no trouble. He calls his mittens "hands" and wants them on anytime we leave, even if it's not really that cold.



The words get a little clearer every day. I went away for work for a week and when I came home I was amazed at how much more clearly he was talking. When you hear the words every day it's not quite as obvious, but he's really speaking well.

This month he also starting sleeping with his books. At school and at home, it seems he won't go down for a nap or for the night without a book in his hand. Many times, he's not even planning to read it, he just wants to hold it. I can't explain it...but it's ok by me.

Eating definitely is not a priority for him at this stage. He's do much rather be up and running than strapped into a chair to eat. I try not to fight it while continuing to offer healthy choices at meals and snacks. I know that this too shall pass, as wise Granny would tell me, and he's clearly doing just great!



Lights and trees and snow and water fountains...this month brought so many fascinating adventures. He loved them all and I love how they all help mold him a little more every day. He's such a fun little guy and even when I've heard "Momma, Momma, Momma" 1000 times that day and he has insisted on being held all day, I still can't resist his infectious grin...

No comments: