Thursday, March 25, 2010

Littlest Lion Cub

Just wanted to post a little something about the littlest lion cub and let everyone know that he or she and I are doing just great! In just 4.5 more weeks we'll know whether Jack will have a baby sister or a baby brother, and we can't wait for that news!

Here are the baby's first pics...

8 weeks, 2 days - the first time we got to see the little bean and hear its heartbeat! What a wonderful day that was!



11 weeks 3 days - this was the day we had our NT scan, which, with Jack, didn't go so well, but with this one, everything turned out great!



Look at that sweet little profile!



15 weeks 1 day - This was our 3rd appointment and there was no ultrasound scheduled. But this little one wants to be just like their older brother and refused to let his or her heartbeat be heard with the doppler. So our doctor let us take a peek and a listen via ultrasound. Jack did the same thing at this gestational age. He or she also had the exact same heartrate that Jack did consistently when he was growing in my belly...142 beats per minute.



The pregnancy is flying by and I really can't complain. I've been much more nauseous with this one than I was with Jack, but it's still not been intolerable, especially considering that at the end of it all, you get this amazing reward for all of your hard work. I am really tired, even now at 15.5 weeks, but I never found that 2nd trimester energy everyone spoke of with Jack either. Growing a baby is just tiring I think, especially when you have another one to run after at the same time!

I'm trying to really enjoy this pregnancy as I know it might just be our last. We'll see. I'm also really trying to enjoy this time with "just Jack." I am so excited to meet this little one but still can't imagine how your heart can grow to have enough love for two! Mine is so completely overflowing with love for Jack...can I really be so lucky to double that?

No comments: