Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Pumpkin Patch

Every year for my birthday, we go to the pumpkin patch! Last year Jack had no idea what was going on, and even this year, he wasn't all too concerned with the pumpkins but pretty excited about the wagon ride, wide open spaces and waving to the folks on the hayride.

He took it all in for a little while, just looking around and trying to figure out what to do.



Then he found a pumpkin just his size and thought we should take it home, but it was still attached to the vine...



Look guys, there are so many pumpkins, let's go over there!



Walking through the vines was a bit tricky so the wagon turned out to be his best bet...















He had to wave at the folks on the hayride every chance he got! He could not understand why they weren't waving back...





Then he thought he'd take a turn at pulling the wagon...



but it wasn't as easy as he thought it would be!



There was a Gorilla scarecrow that Jack was really interested in. He kept pointing at it so I picked him up and took him over for a closer look. He growled and made monkey noises at it as we approached but there definitely came a point, when we got about a foot away from it, where he panicked and held on to me super tight and buried his head! He wanted to see it, but not that closely!



Kenny thinks there's no denying we're related in this one! It's so funny how children pick up or inherently have the same mannerisms as their parents.



The pumpkins sure were fun but they aren't rocks!





See the handful of rocks he's got there?



I'm not sure what this Mickey Mouse pumpkin is about at all, but Jack sure loved it!





Almost time to go home and still smiling! Another great trip to the pumpkin patch! Thanks guys...



When I woke up on my birthday, I found this card waiting for me, handmade by my two favorite guys! I love them so much and things like this really mean the world to me. Thank you Kenny...I know Jack helped too but I'm pretty sure it wasn't his idea! :)!





Jack's class also made me some great artwork!! His teachers are so thoughtful and creative and I love that his whole class had a "hand" in it!



Another year I got to enjoy - can't wait for all the fun year 34 will bring!

2 comments:

Ansley Higginbotham said...

A. you are only 33
B. in that pic above the creepy blow up pumkin he is really starting to look like kenny!

Unknown said...

The picture with you looking at him laughing is you, your mom and your grandmother laughing. That's how I remember you all, always.