Thursday, October 29, 2009

Happy Birthday Dillyn

So I'm a couple of days behind...but last weekend we got to spend a little time with the Carpenter Family celebrating the October birthday girls. I have always loved sharing my birthday month with my beautiful niece, but this year was the first time that Jack was around to celebrate with us and that made it even more fun!

They made sugar cookies and Dillyn and Jack iced and decorated them. Jack wasn't much help at any of it except eating them, but he enjoyed it!





I remember so vividly sitting in the waiting room at the hospital waiting for Dillyn to arrive. I always knew she'd be special but had no idea as I raced to get from Blacksburg to Richmond before she arrived, just how perfect she would be. I'm so proud to be her aunt and can't get over what a smart, sweet, beautiful and talented girl she has become. I have loved watching her grow up and can only hope that Jack will turn out so well. I look forward to all the fun to come and to watching their relationship grow.



Thanks for inviting us over...what a great night!

No comments: