Monday, May 25, 2009

Long weekend full of fun

We had a 4 day weekend full of fun! Kenny was off Friday so we all took a walk down to the river. Last time Jack went, he was in my belly, so we thought it was time we let him see it with his own eyes!





I think he liked it!





Saturday the Seaborns came over for a cookout and to play with Jack's new water table!



Jack poured water everywhere, drank it, and in general made the biggest mess with it he could.



Mary Alex however, was more interested in the penguin and made much less of a mess! Look at those dainty little fingers!



Jack dumped all the goldfish on the ground but that didn't stop these guys...



Sunday we went to a great cookout at the Wheawill's! Jack met a little girl, Kaylie, that he enjoyed playing with. They shared rocks...



and smiles...



and a first dance? Jack looks a bit skeptical. And that's peanut butter all over his face.





Today we spent the afternoon with Grams and Gramps! Jack had a ball, as usual. He helped Gramps cook...



and enjoyed meeting the neighbor's dogs and playing with bottle caps!



It really was a great weekend, filled with all the right stuff. Fun, friends, & family! Tomorrow life will change for Jack and me. I'm starting a new job and while that's a big relief after being laid off for 4.5 months, I'm of course really, really going to miss this little guy.



He's at such a great age - so inquisitive and smart and loving all at once. It's a good time for him to go back to school as he'll have so much fun playing with the other kids and will undoubtedly learn a lot more than he would staying home with me. But nothing will ever compare to our snuggly mornings watching Sesame Street together, dancing around the house to fun songs, afternoon walks, trips to the park or the smiles he had ready for me when I went in his room to get him after his nap. Nothing. I know this will be good for all of us but I'm so thankful to have had this time at home with him. We went back to school last week for a visit and he didn't want to leave. In fact, I carried him out literally kicking and screaming.

Wish us luck - we're, well, I'm going to need it!

No comments: