Friday, May 15, 2009

Around the house

Maybe Jack has been paying more attention to me than I thought he was...he seems to have taken an interest in all that is domestic...

Unloading the dishwasher



Looking at what's baking in the oven (or who that cute kid is staring back at him)



Inspecting the new vacuum



Wondering what took us so long to let him try out his new big boy seat at the table







I grew up in a small town that has an annual Apple Festival, where they make anything they can think of out of the local crop. As such, apple butter has always been plentiful in my life and I always choose it over jelly if it's available. To my delight, Jack seems to have inherited my love for the cinnamony deliciousness. He eats peanut butter and apple butter sandwiches almost every day. This morning I gave him a little bit to dip his french toast in since he hasn't been a fan of the french toast sticks and we have a whole box that we need to eat up. At first, just as I'd hoped, he was dipping the toast sticks in it and eating away...but it didn't take long for him to put the sticks aside and just take to eating the apple butter straight, with his fingers!

Happy Friday everyone!!

No comments: