Sunday, July 20, 2008

Granny's big day

Yesterday we celebrated Granny's birthday and what would have been her 61st wedding anniversary! My Grandfather (Papa) passed away almost 20 years ago and while I have always missed him, I missed him more yesterday than usual. We had such a nice day that I'm sure he too would have enjoyed. And I wish that Jack could have known him...I think they would have been great friends!

Here's one of my very favorite pictures of him...

















But, as such things go, you can't have everyone all together forever. We had a wonderful day though, and I'm so thankful the rest of us could all be together.

It started with a trip to the Farmer's Market. Jack was dressed in his finest farmer duds...and caught a little nap before we left.



















He enjoyed the ride and got lots of compliments while we were there!
















































Then we had a little fun with Daddy before a nap...
























Then it was off to the party! Jack had a great time hanging out with everyone. First it was Granny...



















Then Grams...
























Then Uncle Aaron...

















Aunt Leah...



















And we can't forget the pups!





































And Gramps!!





































Granny said she didn't need a thing so in lieu of presents she challenged us to a card contest. There were 2 categories, funniest and sappiest. It really was a lot of fun seeing what everyone picked out...such a good idea! Aaron won sappiest and Kenny won funniest.










































The prizes were perhaps the best part! Granny dug deep into her treasure chest for those...





































Finally - it was time for cake...and sparkler candles!



















Happy Birthday and Anniversary Granny! We love you!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope I got you grandma's genes...she looks amazing on her 61st anniversary! Goodness :) Kimberly

Anonymous said...

After all these years I can still hear Granny and Georgia laughing when I see these pictures. They laugh so gracefully, and with their whole bodies! I'm so thankful that I know them both. Happy birthday Granny!