Monday, April 7, 2014

Boy of Summer

Jack's playing tee ball for the Orioles this year.  It's our first season of tee ball and I won't lie, they are very serious about it, which makes it a little overwhelming for me, but we're off to a good start!

Saturday we had opening day ceremonies.  It had been postponed because we have had the longest winter ever here and last weekend it was cold and rainy.  It turned out to be a gorgeous day and perfect for kicking off baseball season.  

Jack was a little nervous before the ceremonies, but he loved being in his uniform.
The kids had to do a lot of listening to the history of Richmond Little League and take the Little League Pledge.  Then they got to run the bases and Rodney Ram even made an appearance.

 Then it was game time.  

We only got to play one inning due to all that listening the boys had to do, but they each got to bat and it was super cute!  Jack hit the ball really well and almost hit the fence!  He ran with all he had and was safe!

He chose to play 3rd base for the 2nd half of the inning.  Kenny tells me lefties shouldn't really choose 3rd base, so we'll see where he ends up next week.  Either way, he did great.  Funny story - after his 2nd tee ball practice, I think he realized that being a lefty was different.  He asked me what we would do if he went to play and they didn't have a glove for him.  I reminded him that we take our own glove to tee ball and Unk had bought him a glove made for lefties, so he was fine.  He said "No Momma, I mean when I make it to the major league!"  I assured him I'd be happy to buy him his own glove for that too...;)!
He took it so seriously.  See this kid playing in the dirt while Jack is ready for anything? 
 It was a good game and the boys all seemed to have a great time.
And look at that smile as he walked over to us after the game!  That's what it's all about!!
Go Orioles!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Go Orioles. That looks like one serious baseball player while having a lot of fun and I hope he does make it big in the major leagues!