Monday, July 20, 2009

Catching up

This post is going to be a bit scattered but we've been busy and it's late and my brain is about to turn off for the night. Kenny is taking a pretty intense summer course that requires a lot of his time after work. I'm still trying to remember how to work and be a mom all at the same time. I've also been sick for the past couple of weeks and Jack wasn't sleeping well, so it was just a little hectic. But I think we survived and things seem to be back under control. Kenny's class ends next week and then we get to go to the beach with the Seaborns and boy, are we EXCITED!

Jack is pretty full of himself these days. I think he picks up a new word every day! He's such a happy kid and so curious...he's hard to keep up with but at least he keeps you smiling all the while!



He's really into chairs. He thinks it is great fun to get up in the big leather chair with a book. He also has a little chair just his size that he likes, though he's a little too good at standing in it for my taste!



He also likes to bring you a book and sit in your lap while you read it to him. It melts my heart. Jack likes listening to Aunt Audrey read to him...



and liked showing Uncle Eddie all his favorite animals!



He's also very curious about how things work. The Weavers brought him these great construction trucks that hook together via magnets. He can't quite figure out how they work, but he sure studies them!



Aunt Lyndsay came to town with her new beau and Jack sure checked him out! But he approved - in fact Jack warmed up to him within seconds...that's a good sign Lynds and we hope to see you guys again soon!!



Jack LOVES to eat these days! He'd eat all day every day I think if we let him. Saturday morning he had 3 bowls of cheerios with milk! It was his first experience of cereal with milk and I think he liked it!



I got a piano for my 13th birthday. I loved it, until I didn't. Lessons grew old and I was just over it, but it sure is pretty! Jack took her for a spin the other day and somehow knew to play with both hands. I don't know if that's weird or not, but it seemed kind of odd. I expected him to hit one key at a time. Anyway, maybe he'll be a pianist! Maybe not...we'll see!



This weekend we celebrated Granny's birthday! I am always struck by how beautiful she is. My mom looks just like her but unfortunately, I don't look so much like them. Granny's a fairly young great-grandmother but I'm 32...so she can't be that young. And she looks great and is so active and just inspiring. This weekend would have been her 62nd wedding anniversary too, if Papa were still living. I bet they would have been happier than ever too. Love you Granny and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!


Gramps and Jack went on a worm hunt...



But all Jack found were rocks!



Then he helped Granny blow out her cobbler candle!



And fell in love with ice cream. What a great weekend!!



I love this picture...two of my most favorite folks, smiling!



Hope you all are well and the week is off to a great start!

No comments: