Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Good idea gone wrong

Usually, after Jack has his breakfast in the morning, I turn on Sesame Street and put him in the pack and play and I head upstairs to shower. He fusses for a minute, until I'm out of sight and then is fine. This week has been kind of busy and Jack has been cooped up in highchairs and shopping carts and he's really at a stage where he only wants to walk (with someone holding his hand) or crawl. He's just not that interested in sitting still. So, feeling bad about making him be cooped up so much, I thought I'd take him upstairs with me while I showered instead of putting him in the pack and play. So up we went and I put up the gate so he couldn't fall down the stairs and shut the doors to the master and guest bedrooms so all he could do was play in his room or the hall or of course the bathroom. He has a lot of toys and books in his room and I fully expected that he'd occupy himself there for at least a while. I was wrong. I hadn't been in the shower 2 minutes when I peeked out to see what he was doing and found him scurrying into the bathroom. He has a drawer of bath toys in there which I thought was where he was headed, but the next thing I knew, he had pulled back the shower curtain looking for me. And, in true exploring fashion, he had to put his arms in to feel the water and in doing so, he got a bit of a shower too! His sleeves and head were soaked!





So it didn't really work out like I imagined but it sure was cute!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Phew. For a second there I thought the wetness was attributable to Jack's interaction with the throne he's using to support himself. Glad to hear it was just the shower.