Friday, January 21, 2011

4 months old

Last week Max turned 4 months old!  One third of a year, gone in a flash.  I hope it slows down from here...
He fell pretty easily into the school routine and the past month allowed us all to iron out the kinks in our new schedule.  It's certainly not optimized just yet, but we're getting there and things are definitely starting to feel more manageable. 

I haven't had to come to terms with missing out on that middle of the night feeding that I was worried about when I wrote last month.  He's still getting up at least once.  In fact, the past 2 weeks he's been quite sick with a bad cold that may have turned into a little bit of pneumonia (there are 2 different opinions by 2 different doctors as to whether or not it really was pneumonia) which has meant he's been up every couple of hours.  It's ok though...I don't really mind middle of the night snuggles, though I'll admit I'm crazy tired and thinking is a bit difficult.  On that note, last week at work I scheduled a meeting with someone in the IT group, put it on my calendar and completely forgot to go.  That's not really like me, but things happen.  I emailed her, apologized, rescheduled for the next day and completely forgot AGAIN.  That's REALLY not like me.  Fortunately for me, she's very sweet and even had a sense of humor about her when she responded to my 3rd meeting request with "Leigh-Emma, no problem missing the meeting again, but 9PM tomorrow sounds a bit late for me."  I couldn't even get the time right.  I hope I can recover.

To celebrate his big 4 month birthday we brought the Exersaucer out and he seems to love it as much as his big brother did, if not more.  

He started to roll over, but I haven't seem him make it completely to his belly.  He definitely likes being on his side though.

He's definitely interacting more with the world around him.  He has his hands all over sweet Sammy here...they are too cute together!


His 4 month checkup went great!  He was 14 lbs 14 ounces (50th percentile) and again with the same number for the lbs and ounces...Dianne says we should go to Vegas if he's 16lbs 16 oz at 6 months!  He was 90th percentile for length (26 inches) and 90th for head circumference as well.  He was very close to the same size as Jack, actually.  In my mind he seems so much bigger, but I guess not.  He's still only nursing and we're planning to hold off on solids until 6 months.  


He loves his big brother so much and always has a big smile on his face when he sees him.  Jack's pretty smitten too, I must say. They are going to have so much fun together!

No comments: