Sunday, December 19, 2010

3 months old!

Max turned 3 months old on the 9th of December and gets cuter and sweeter by the minute. 


Look at those cheeks! I really don't know that a better baby exists!  He's always happy, never fusses, eats great, sleeps great, and just seems to love life!  He still gets up once every night, but to be honest, I kind of like getting up with him for a few minutes when the rest of the world is sleeping.  It's dark and quiet and we snuggle and nurse for a few minutes, Max falls right back to sleep and I head right back to bed.  I'm only up maybe 20-30 minutes and it's a very sweet, peaceful time.  I'm ready for a full night's sleep, don't get me wrong, but I will miss our middle of the night snuggles too.


He's done great with the transition to daycare, though he's still no fan of the bottle.  He's usually really hungry at night when he gets to nurse, but seems to be happy at school too, so that's fine.  Sometimes Jack and his Orange bird friends come to visit Max in the Baby bird room, and I know that's helped Max feel safe, having his big brother there too!  I can tell he's getting lots of snuggles too, and am happy that it has all gone so smoothly.  Going back to work wasn't too hard on me either...my wonderful co-workers really helped to welcome me back and I didn't forget how to do everything like I thought I had.  It's a bit hectic getting out of the house in the morning and we're all pretty tired in the evening, but it's gone pretty well.  


He's outgrowing 3-6 month clothes already.  He's definitely much bigger than his brother was at this age.  He doesn't spit up often, unlike Jack, so he's keeping a lot more down.  Not to mention, I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that breastmilk probably tastes a lot better than the special formula Jack had to have, so he's more interested in eating as well.  Nursing is still going well and I've so far been able to manage to find time to pump at work.  Max hasn't gotten sick in his first 2 weeks at daycare, for which I am really thankful!


He still likes his pacifier and loves getting a hold of it or its strap these days as he's working on his fine motor skills, but sometimes can find his thumb too, just like his big brother.  It's hard for me to tell if they still look alike or not.  Now that Max has his own personality and I know him so well, I see them as two very different kids.  I know they still look similar, but I "see" so many differences now, I just don't know...


Life with two is surely busier and requires a lot more planning but we are just so in love with Max and he's doing his part to help by being the easiest baby ever!  Thanks Max - you are truly perfect and we fall more and more in love with you each day!  We can't wait to see what your 4th month holds!

No comments: