Monday, August 4, 2008

Big adventure

So we told you we were off to Steph and Matt's wedding this weekend in Steph's hometown of Grundy, Virginia. For those not familiar with Grundy, it's about 5.5 hours from Richmond in the corner of VA where it meets Kentucky and West Virginia. It's in the heart of coal country and nestled deep in the Appalachian mountains. It was a beautiful drive although nowhere near as beautiful as the bride herself...











































First we dropped Jack off in Giles County to stay with Aunt Kelly and Uncle Patrick and Cohen while we went to the wedding. They live on a gorgeous patch of land that made me realize just how much I miss the mountains.




















Sunday we had a nice morning with the Steele family before we headed out. Cohen kept Jack quite entertained with an original song about ducks...



















































































Then it was off to lunch with Dr. and Mrs. Claus before we left town. Dr. Claus taught me everything that I know about Microbiology as he was my graduate school advisor. I don't get to see him as often as I'd like, but every time that I do, I remember just how much I like him and how honored I am to also call he and his lovely wife, Marcella, my friends. They recently celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary...a great big CONGRATS to them!



















We took today off to get a few things done around the house...



















And now it's back to work and school tomorrow! Hope you all have a great week!

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Looks like Jack Jack liked the spin cycle!